- Hold a bachelors degree with an average deemed satisfactory. Studies completed under an international system and which are equivalent to a bachelors degree must total at least 16 years of studies, unless agreed otherwise.
- Have at least three years of post-graduation work experience.
- Take the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) before the deadline.
- Candidates who have never completed a program of study in English must take one of the following English language tests:
HEC Montréals Test of Proficiency in English (HECTOPE)
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
Candidates will also be judged on the following criteria:
- Two letters of recommendation, at least one of which must come from an employer attesting to the candidates performance in the workplace in which he or she acquired experience.
- Responses to the supplementary questions on the application form. Candidates are encouraged to take the time to consider each question carefully, as the responses are an opportunity for them to tell the admissions committee more about themselves and their motivations for pursuing an MBA. The responses will be used to ascertain candidates expectations and determine whether their career objectives are compatible with those of the program.