World Class Education. World Class City.
Illinois Institute of Technology’s Stuart Graduate School of Business in Chicago offers an M.B.A. program designed to develop professionals who can perform in the real world. Working with an internationally recognized faculty and curriculum, students explore business in the context of the global economy and graduate prepared to work in any area or industry, anywhere in the world.
Stuart is part of Illinois Institute of Technology, renowned for its history of innovation and technological sophistication. Stuart’s small classes use innovative teaching techniques including case studies, team projects, and presentations to teach research and analysis, critical decision-making, cross-disciplinary team building, and strategic communication expertise while building business knowledge.
Classes are conducted in English. Scholarships are available for qualified students. IIT Stuart also offers access to career placement services, mentoring, and other student-centered activities and programs.
IIT Stuart faculty have distinguished academic credentials and many hold degrees from institutions outside the United States, giving the IIT Stuart education a distinctly international character. And because many faculty have associations with government agencies, financial firms, think tanks, international corporations, they provide an up-to-the-minute context for the classroom experience.
Studying and Living in Chicago
IIT Stuart’s state-of-the-art facilities are located in the heart of Chicago's business and financial district placing its students at the center of one of the United States’ most exciting business communities. Chicago is a real-world lab offering IIT Stuart students an opportunity to analyze and be part of the actual business environment. Chicago is home to four major exchanges, many of the U.S.’s largest companies, national and international banks, trading companies, securities firms, and insurance companies—all of which make for abundant networking and internship opportunities.
The third largest city in the U.S., Chicago is rich with culture and recreation, including dozens of museums, hundreds of art galleries, restaurants with cuisine from around the world, professional baseball, basketball, and other sports teams, world-class opera, symphony, and theatre. The city is made up of dozens of ethnically diverse neighborhoods, boasts over 15 miles of beaches and bicycle paths along the shore of Lake Michigan, and sponsors public concerts and festivals year-round.
Specialized M.S. Programs
• M.S. in Finance or Financial Markets - the first of its kind in the world—blends academic theory with the practical realities of modern capital markets.
• M.S. in Mathematical Finance - newly offered in partnership with IIT’s department of Applied Mathematics.
• M.S. in Environmental Management - is ranked among the top ten in curricula for such programs in the U.S. by the World Resources Institute and draws on IIT's strong faculties in environmental engineering and environmental law to integrate engineering, law, and business.
• M.S. in Marketing Communication - includes a concentration in healthcare.
• Ph.D. programs are also available with concentrations in Finance and Operations.