Successful engineering graduates are often keen on developing an innovative, and technological, idea into a profitable business. However, many will be concerned about the challenges facing any young entrepreneur – the time and effort they must sacrifice and the high risks attached to developing their idea.
The MSc Technopreneurship & Innovation Programme (TIP) available at Nanyang Technological University (NTU) is a perfect match for any technopreneur looking to learn from real-life startup stories – both the successes and the failures – and become equipped with the skills needed to transform their venture into a sustainable business.
A top-ranking institution: Nanyang Technological University
NTU’s campus is the biggest in Singapore and has been named among the world’s 16 most beautiful universities by Travel + Leisure. A cosmopolitan hub, the NTU community comprises approximately 33,000 students representing around 100 nationalities, and can call on the expertise of more than 4,000 faculty members and researchers.
Nanyang Technological University places 13th globally in the QS World University Rankings 2016/17. It also places 4th in the world in the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2017 for its strength in the field of engineering and technology.
Last but not least, NTU was named the world leader among the best universities under the age of 50, in the QS Top 50 Under 50 2016/17.
NTU scholarship and program details
NTU, through its partnership with QS, is offering an exclusive scholarship for its MSc TIP that will cover more than 50% of the program’s tuition fees, and that is worth close to SGD 30,000.
The NTU scholarship will be awarded to one applicant who is seeking to accomplish the Master of Science Technopreneurship & Innovation Programme at Nanyang Technological University in the 2017 intake.
- Format: Full time
- Length: One year
- Program tuition fee: SGD 52,000
- For more program-related information, visit NTU’s website
- A good bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in any discipline of study from a recognized university or tertiary institution
- Proficiency in English
- Non-native, English-speaking graduates from countries where English is not an official language are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the academic International English Language Testing System (IELTS). An overall band score of 6.0 and above on the academic IELTS is required for consideration for admission
- A strong passion in entrepreneurship
- Work experience is preferred
- For the application, candidates must submit all supporting documents & an application fee of SGD 53.50 must be received by April 15 2017.
To apply for the NTU scholarship, candidates must have attended a QS World MBA Tour/QS World Executive MBA Tour/QS Connect 121 event and have completed the QS Applicant Survey. Click here for further details.